HOME

AnGenMap ArchivedPost

From listmasteranimalgenome.org  Mon Sep  2 12:33:36 2024
From: "Carlo Pecoraro" <infophysalia-courses.org>
Postmaster: submission approved by list moderator
To: Members of AnGenMap <angenmapanimalgenome.org>
Subject: Online course: Introduction to Deep Learning for
        Biologists
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2024 12:33:37 -0500
Dear all,

We’re excited to announce that only a few seats remain for our upcoming
online course, Introduction to Deep Learning for Biologists, scheduled from
September 30 to October 4.

Course website: https://www.physalia-courses.org/.../course67/

This course will introduce the theoretical framework and practical skills
needed to develop deep learning models for biological data. You’ll learn how
to apply Convolutional Neural Network (CNN) architectures to real-world data
classification, regression, and image segmentation problems. We’ll also cover
essential topics like measuring prediction performance, cross-validation, and
avoiding overfitting.

The course is structured over five days, with a combination of lectures and
hands-on sessions. Each day will feature interactive discussions and
collaborative exercises where you can apply the skills you’ve learned.
You’ll
also have the opportunity to interpret and discuss your results with
instructors and peers.

This course is perfect for students, researchers, and professionals
interested in deep learning applications in biology. Whether you’re a
beginner or have some experience with deep learning, this course will provide
valuable insights. A basic understanding of Python is helpful but not
required.

By the end of the course, you will have gained a solid understanding of:
• The foundational concepts and architecture of deep learning models.
• How to frame biological problems for deep learning applications.
• Techniques for building, evaluating, and optimizing deep learning models.
• Best practices for working with real-world biological data.

For the full list of our courses and workshops, please visit:
https://www.physalia-courses.org/...-workshops/course67/

Best regards,
Carlo

Carlo Pecoraro, Ph.D

Physalia-courses DIRECTOR
infophysalia-courses.org
mobile: +49 17645230846

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program to Accelerate Animal Genomics Applications. Contact: Bioinformatics Team