AnGenMap

Archived Post

From listmasteranimalgenome.org  Mon Apr  8 08:23:47 2024
From: "Carlo Pecoraro" <infophysalia-courses.org>
Postmaster: submission approved by list moderator
To: Members of AnGenMap <angenmapanimalgenome.org>
Subject: Online course: Multivariate Data Analysis with R and
       vegan
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2024 08:23:48 -0500

Dear all,

There are a few seats left for our upcoming online course, "Multivariate Data
Analysis with R and vegan" scheduled for 27-31 May.

Course Overview: In this course, participants will delve into the powerful
capabilities of R, specifically focusing on the vegan package. From
ordination methods to restricted permutations, you'll gain hands-on
experience and practical insights into analyzing diverse datasets.

Target Audience and Assumed Background: Ideal for PhD students and
researchers in biology and ecology-related fields, this course assumes a
basic familiarity with RStudio and programming R code. We welcome individuals
with limited statistical knowledge but a strong desire to learn.

Learning Outcomes: By the end of the course, you will:

- Gain a foundational understanding of multivariate data analysis approaches.
- Learn to select the most suitable method for your dataset.
- Master the use of restricted permutation tests with constrained ordination
  methods.
- Develop proficiency in utilizing R for multivariate data analysis.

Program Highlights: Sessions will run from 14:00 to 20:00 (Monday to
Thursday) and 14:00 to 19:00 on Friday (Berlin time). The course structure
includes lectures, practical exercises, and Q&A sessions to ensure an
interactive and engaging learning experience.

For more information, please visit our course website:
https://www.physalia-courses.org/...ses-workshops/vegan/

Best regards,

Carlo

Carlo Pecoraro, Ph.D

Physalia-courses DIRECTOR
infophysalia-courses.org
mobile: +49 17645230846

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program to Accelerate Animal Genomics Applications. Contact: Bioinformatics Team