AnGenMap

Archived Post

From listmasteranimalgenome.org  Wed Apr 10 22:41:09 2024
From: "Carlo Pecoraro" <infophysalia-courses.org>
Postmaster: submission approved by list moderator
To: Members of AnGenMap <angenmapanimalgenome.org>
Subject: Online course: Introduction to Genome Annotation
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 22:41:09 -0500

Dear all,

We are excited to announce our upcoming online course, "Introduction to
Genome Annotation" scheduled for May 13-17, 2024.

Course website:
https://www.physalia-courses.org/...nnotation/

In this course, we will delve into the essential processes and strategies
required to start the annotation of your target genome addressing challenges
posed by genome characteristics and specificities.

The course will start with an overview of the samples’ quality needed to
make the best out of the downstream process and then the state-of-the-art
sequencing technologies used for genome annotation, discussing pros and cons
of each platform. Then, we will go through the basic strategies for genome
annotation, which are prediction, ab initio and de novo transcriptome
assembly, mainly for processing short read data. This will include learning
about different approaches for annotating protein-coding genes in eukaryotic
species via projection and evidence guided gene prediction. Discuss the
challenges of annotation in different contexts. We will build gene models,
explore the use of combiners for integrating alternative gene predictions
and assess the accuracy of different annotation tools, assess the output
quality and visualise it.

For the full list of our courses and workshops, please visit:
https://www.physalia-courses.org/courses-workshops

Best regards,

Carlo

Carlo Pecoraro, Ph.D

Physalia-courses DIRECTOR
infophysalia-courses.org
mobile: +49 17645230846

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program to Accelerate Animal Genomics Applications. Contact: Bioinformatics Team